Frequently Asked Questions & Help with your account and purchasing on the Rarewaves.com
- ABOUT RAREWAVES
- PRODUCTS & PRICES
- DVD/BLU-RAY REGIONS
- PARENTAL ADVISORY & CERTIFICATED PRODUCTS
- Who are Rarewaves.com?
Rarewaves.com is an award winning retailer and one of the largest online retailers of entertainment products in the world, operating from London and Farnborough in the UK. We have been trading since 2005, received the Queen's Award for Enterprise for Outstanding International Growth in 2018, and were included in the Sunday Times HSBC Tech Track 200 in 2021. For more information, please visit our About Us page https://www.rarewaves.com/pages/about-us
- How do I log in and out?
You can log in via the Login button at the top of the page (under the basket icon on desktop or in the sidebar menu on mobile). Alternatively, when going through checkout, you’ll be offered the option to sign in.
To logout, click the logout button at the top of the page.
- How do I create an account?
- How do I make a purchase?
- Can I check out as a guest?
- What's the difference between registering for an account and guest checkout?
- How do I update my account details once I have created an account?
- How do I change my password or what if I’ve forgotten my password?
- How do I sign up to or opt out of newsletters?
- How do I close my account?
- How do I get a VAT receipt?
Please directly contact us at email@example.com if you require a VAT invoice and we will be able to process this for you.
- The item I want to order is out of stock – when will it be available again?
- I want to place a bulk order; how can I do this?
- If I pre-order something, when will I receive it?
We aim to dispatch all pre-order items in enough time that customers receive them on the advertised date of release. Occasionally, circumstances outside of our control can cause delays but we will endeavour to dispatch items as soon as they’re available. We would always recommend pre-orders be placed well in advance of the release date to ensure they are dispatched in time.
PRODUCTS & PRICES
- I need more information on a product.
- What does it mean if an item is limited?
- I am shopping from outside the UK - will there be additional charges on my order?
- Why has a price changed from when I last looked?
We’re always updating our website to ensure that we’re passing on all savings to our customers. This can mean that prices will change from time to time to reflect the current offers available. If you believe there has been a discrepancy on your order, or an issue when making payment on our website, please contact us and we’ll investigate further.
- How much does delivery cost?
- Where can you deliver to?
- How long does delivery take?
All orders are shipped from our warehouse in Farnborough, UK during working hours within 48 hours of receipt. All UK orders are shipped using Royal Mail 2nd Class and usually arrive within 3-5 working days of dispatch, however, if your item hasn’t arrived within 7 working days of dispatch, please feel free to contact us.
International estimated delivery times are as follow:
- Europe: 7 to 10 working days
- USA: 7 to 15 working days
- Rest of the World: 9 to 21 working days
- Do you have a next day delivery service?
- What happens if I'm out when you deliver?
If your package won’t fit through the letterbox, Royal Mail will attempt delivery of your item to one of your neighbours and they will post a ‘Something for you’ card through your letterbox telling you this.
If they’re unable to deliver an item to you, or a neighbour, your item will be returned to your local Royal Mail delivery office for you to collect it, or to arrange a redelivery. Again, they’ll post a ‘Something for you’ card through your letterbox telling you this. The ‘Something for you’ card shows the address and opening hours of the local delivery office.
- Can I change my delivery address?
- Can I change my method of delivery?
- Why has my order not arrived?
Most UK orders should arrive within 7 days of dispatch from our warehouse. Delays do occasionally occur within the mail system, however please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received your order within this time.
For any international orders, please use our estimated delivery times as a guide before contacting us and/or your local mail provider.
- Something is missing from my order - what should I do next?
When purchasing multiple items in one order, these may occasionally be shipped separately. Please be assured that all items will be posted as soon as possible. If you have been waiting for some items for more than 7 days, please follow the “why has my order not arrived?” instructions above.
- How do I see the status of my order?
- How do I change or cancel my order?
- My item is damaged, faulty or incorrect - what should I do now?
- Why has my order been cancelled?
- Is there a limit on how much I can order?
- Where can I view my order history?
You can view your full order history by logging into your account where all orders will be visible. Unfortunately, any orders placed as a guest cannot be linked to a registered account.
DVD RegionsAlthough we ship internationally, and sell items from a variety of suppliers, please be aware that the majority of our product is sourced from the UK. All DVDs on Rarewaves.com are therefore Region 2, unless explicitly stated otherwise. Please see below for the specifics of each DVD region:
- Region One: US territories, Canada
- Region Two: Europe, Japan, Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
- Region Three: Taiwan, Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
- Region Four: Australia, New Zealand, South America, Mexico, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
- Region Five: Russia, Eastern Europe, Africa, India, North Korea, Mongolia
- Region Six: China
As with DVDs, Blu-ray stock is also sourced from the UK and therefore all Blu-ray items on Rarewaves.com are Region B unless stated otherwise. Please see below for the specifics of each Blu-Ray region:
- Region A: U.S., Japan, Latin America, East Asia
- Region B: Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand
- Region C: China, Russia, Remaining countries
- What does Parental Advisory Logo mean?
- What do age ratings mean, including PEGI age ratings on games?
Age ratings are classifications given to all visual recordings (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD) and video games in the UK to ensure that entertainment content is labelled as suitable for a particular age group. These are used as guidance for customers as to the appropriateness of a particular piece of content.
The BBFC and PEGI organisations determine these classifications for UK consumers and all products sold on Rarewaves.com that require these ratings abide by their rules and regulations.
You must be at least 18 years old to order goods from us. By placing an order, you warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
- Which payment methods can I use?
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Shop Pay
- How do I add a new payment card to my account?
- What does it mean if my payment failed?
- What does it mean if my payment card was flagged as “fraudulent”?
- Can I change the card details on an existing order?
- When will I be charged for my order?
Payment is taken at the time of placing your order, regardless of the release date of the item you are purchasing.
- My item is damaged, faulty or incorrect - what do I do now?
We’re sorry to hear there’s a problem with your order. If your item is damaged, faulty or incorrect, please contact us and let us know what’s happened; we’ll provide details on how to resolve the issue. Please provide the order number and details regarding the nature of the issue. If a return is authorised, please return the item to the below address;
The Light Box, Unit 144
111 Power Road
- My item is unwanted - can I return it?
We can accept returns for unwanted items provided they are returned within 30 days of receipt, unopened and unused and in all original packaging. For all returns, please obtain proof of postage when sending these back to us as we cannot be held responsible for items damaged or lost in post. Please return all items to the below address;
Columbia House, 1 Apollo Rise
- How long will my refund take?
- I have a problem with my technology product, what should I do?
If an item purchased from us develops a fault through no fault of your own, please get in contact with us and let us know the details. We may be able to assist with troubleshooting or put you in touch with the manufacturer if the fault cannot be corrected. Please ensure you keep hold of all accessories, manuals, cables that are provided with an item when purchased as these will be required if we need to arrange return or replacement.
- I’ve received an email that I think may be fraudulent. How will I know if it’s from Rarewaves?